A major portion of the world population visits doctors under stress. Enormous workload and unmatchable peer pressure has forced individuals to work putting their physical and mental health on stake. Work and profession has become new religion after the world witnessed the growth of industries. With the ongoing rise in the psychological and mental issues like depression and OCDs, there is an urgent need for people to realise before they fall prey to such diseases.
Before the medical diagnosing an individual may assess him/her if they exhibit the below mentioned traits:
- You are feeling both wired and tired. There is a constant, simmering anxiety that you can’t shake. This results in feeling exhausted and unable to relax. You can’t seem to get out of fight or flight syndrome. You regularly feel like you are running out of time because your brain is in hyper mode and life feels sped up.
- Insomnia is taking over. You’re having trouble sleeping, either getting to sleep or staying asleep. You wake up tired and have been living as if fatigue is the new normal.
- You are feeling indecisive about even the smallest decisions.
- You are over-reacting, or your responses are not in proportion to the situation. You are more easily triggered and can’t control it any more.
- You are distracted and find it difficult to concentrate on one thing for very long.
- You wake up feeling stressed. You’ve lost the ability to choose smart stress where you control the intensity and duration.
- You can’t remember the last time you felt totally relaxed. The application of Rest and Digest is a faint memory.
- You want to quit everything but feel paralyzed to change even one thing.
- You keep using phrases like “I’m too busy” and/or “I’m running out of time.”
You have a bunch of unused vacation being stockpiled at work.